- 100% Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- 100% Paying Customers
- Proof of concept
- By working with telecoms, we can distribute our curriculum and use their airtime. This decreases our operation costs. In addition, we purchase airtime at a discount, allowing us to pay our Home Educators 40% more in airtime then we would if we were to pay them in cash.
- We require our parents to subscribe to our telecom partners to receive our curriculum. This increases the market share of our partners. By using the infrastructure and airtime (phone mins & text) of our telecom partners; we deliver our education program, collect payment from our parents and pay our home educators, all via mobile phones.
- To ensure quality and compliance, we do pre/post assessments, and daily quizzes, with the help of our partner Save The Children.
- The lack of quality early childhood education is more precedented in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) than anywhere else in the world!
- More children under the age of 6 live there compared to rest of the world.
- Within SSA, we started in Nigeria because it is the world’s largest mobile phone market, home of the 4th fastest growing population and has 5.5 children per mother; making it one of the locations with the greatest need for early childhood education.
- Parents: are incentivized through the airtime (minutes and texts) reward to their mobile phones, the education for their child, and the emotional bond/relationship built with their child.
- Children: are incentivized through fun & play-based activities, the bond built with parent, and through free promo items (school bags, pencil cases, toys, raincoats, mathematics sets, and more).
- Home Educators: a monthly salary, prestige of working with a USA company, the social impact they are having educating children, recognition within community.
- Telecoms: increased market share, decreased churn rate, & corporate social responsibility.
- Governments: increased economic development, job creation, influence the GDP by 77%. and social benefit to population being served
- Tembo: revenue generated, sustainability of business, long term impact
- Community: commumity cohesion, decreased birth rates, job opportunities, potentially decreasing incarceration/crime rates.